Friday, January 25, 2013

I am so excited about my new found energy to create, brew, cook, blend, store and can food. Today I found myself organizing and cleaning and brewing and cooking with no regards for time. At some point I will share some recipes and tips as to how to maintaining a sustainable house hold.

The snow is nice but I really miss the green leaves and the bumble bees. So as soon as the single digit temperatures subside I will start some seed beds. I may even take a trip to the garden center to purchase some grow lights for my basement. I'm not sure what my 12X20 hoop house temperature is right now but I will need to get a thermometer for future business. Well off to my Kumbucha and 'The Dirty Life" a memoir of a journalist and her farm experiences. Oh I meant to share that I am reading some really good books about the farm life and I loving it. Next winter I will be prepared for this natural retreat to repair, restore and renew for the days to come through sustainable means.

No comments:

Post a Comment