Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Spring 2014!
I know I have been MIA but I have been working toward becoming a fulltime farmer. I've had the greatest experiences a new farmer could possibly have!  I resigned as the lead farmer to Turning Point Residential June 2013. I currently am Americorps VISTA serving with Youngstown Neighborhood Development. My service ends June 27, 2014! I had garden kitchen cooking classes with Goodness Grows. Took a Maps and Apps class with Mahoning County Extension. Spoke at PASA with executive director to Goodness Grows, Greg Bowman. Spoke at Raising Richland in Mansfield, Ohio with the subject Growing Hope. I made a few news worthy events related to urban agriculture. Completed a 7 week business class, Bright Idea To Business. This class was designed for people who are planning or have already started a food based business in Youngstown. There are so many other events and accomplishments that I have not mentioned but whats important is that I am still farming. I have been so busy with everything else that I am behind with starting seeds and planting my starts. I have so much to share but for now I am going to use this Mothers day weekend to reconnect with my farm, daughter, house duties and my personal well being. I will officially be farming %100 June 29, 2014!! Know Your Food Know Your Farmer! Urban Homesteading!

Growing Hope <----Check out this Youtube presentation!





























These are random pictures of all of my joyous farming experiences. Food connects us to more than just the soil! Grow where you are!

Lady Buggs

No comments:

Post a Comment